Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sharks, Jellyfish and Giant Pinatas, Oh my!

Last night, in the middle of making many a random sculpture, I decided I wanted to sculpt a large shark, and therefore that meant I needed to make a trip to the aquarium. We happen to have a nice lil' aquarium just over the bridge so today Justin and I went for a visit. And while I didn't get a single good reference photo (Canon Powershot be damned!) I DID get to pet a shark, a stingray, a jellyfish, a sea cucumber (?!) a starfish and a sea anemone, all of which were amazingly awesome. I also saw ALOT of sharks, hippos, stingrays, etc and left feeling very much inspired to make a giant shark...


And then on the way home, I got a call from my studio mate saying that she was about to be an extra in a commercial for Carnival Cruises that involved a giant pinata and 8,000lbs of candy...sure enough Justin and I were there.


The candy was awful...a week old and sticky and weird (Big Hunk...who has ever heard of that before?) but we still had a great time.

Needless to say, I didn't get a thing done in the studio today (yikes!) but promise to make lots of things in the weeks to come.
More on that later.

No comments: