Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How you doin'?

I am up to my ears in sculpting. I need 8 arms, 20 eyes, 6 brains and a lot more sleep than I've been getting to get this all done but *fingers crossed* I think everything is going to come out the way I want it to....
I start mold making tomorrow and then I'll constantly be working until the 23rd...molds, casting, chasing, patinas, prepping, moving, installing, photographing...collapsing
So please pencil in Thursday, January 29th from 5:30pm-7:30pm for the opening. I may be asleep under a table somewhere, recovering from it all but I am putting my heart and guts and every ounce of energy I have into this stuff and would love everyone to see it and let me know what they think.
I am missing my mom's and mom in law's birthdays to make this stuff...and thats a big deal....so be there! (Shoutout to Debi Jackson and Barbara Blau - Happy birthday!)

This is not one of the pieces in the show but I think it inspired the whole thing...

1 comment:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Hope you have a good show! I love your inspirational piece, too. You have such a way of juxtaposing strange and alluring things. I look forward to more pictures.