Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Snakey, snakey...

So I'm getting ready to get back into action..been sketching a bunch, ordered a crap load of sculpting epoxy online and got some wall mounted brass candlestick holders off of ebay...planning to start sculpting the work for the art alliance show and the first piece is gonna be one of these guys....I'm super excited to sculpt a snake. The texture of the snake skin is going to be a huge pain in the ass but I can't wait!



Here's the maquette for this piece...

2 comments:

Katie VanVliet said...

she's back!

TPS-SheilaP said...

i don't know what a maquette is, but i'm excited to see this snake of yours. you are impressing me with your "back-ness!" sadly, my being back means me being back at school w kids that aren't mine and away from my own daughter. not looking forward to that but i have four months left. though i love teaching and have felt tremendous growth and creativity, especially in the last few years, i can only hope that the universe sends a more suitable job my way. scuplting is a whole different beast, i'm sure...