Friday, February 18, 2011

Darla 3.0

I just celebrated my 30th birthday (!) and despite not feeling much different, I have been trying to get my ass in gear for all that is to come... What might that be, you ask? I have no idea at the moment but whatever it is I hope to be ready for it! So my filing cabinets are getting purged of excess papers, my studio is getting a serious overhaul, my ideas and ways of working are being looked at and tweaked...basically a reboot... Because once in a while you just need to shake life up...yes, even your art life...heck, especially your art life! I've got some upcoming shows that I'm getting ready for and a new series that I am hoping to work on soon (Once the studio is less chaotic...)...and not to mention that its been quite nice out this week and its making me look forward to getting to the studio and making new things (Spring always does that to me!)...
So here's to Darla 3.0 ...and go!

3 comments:

Naomi Shiek said...

Happy Birthday!

Tau said...

Happy Birthday! I found 30 to be a real pivotal age for me, and I launched myself fully into adulthood with new creative pursuits and identities.

I will turn 40 later this year, and I really hope it will be another amazing transition.

Here's hoping your 3.0 brings you all kinds of new adventures, triumphs, and revelations.

Darla said...

Thanks so much everyone!!!